Friday 13 December 2013

Transformers The Movie (1986)




In celebration of my birthday today, I am slightly changing things up a bit. As well as the usual TV shows, I'm throwing a full length movie into the mix!

Today we have my favourite animated film of all time, Transformers The Movie!

The story takes place in 2005, 20 years after the events of the TV series' second season and serves to bridge into the third season. Set to a soundtrack of synth-based incidental music and hard-driving metal music, composed by Vince DiCola, the movie has a decidedly darker tone than the television series, with detailed visuals in Toei Animation's typical anime film styling, and like G.I. Joe The Movie, Decepticon villains that are more menacing, killing without hesitation. The film features several grand battles in which a handful of major characters meet their end.
The film's tagline was: "Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest imagination."

I first went to see this movie at the cinema with my brother for my 8th birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment